MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Sac Open Studios Launch Party: Thursday, September 10, 2020
Sac Open Studios Preview Exhibition: September 10-30, 2020
Weekend 1: Saturday-Sunday, September 12-13, 2020
Weekend 2: Saturday-Sunday, September 19-20, 2020
2019 SAC OPEN STUDIOS GUIDE
The Sac Open Studios Guide is a free 86 page, full color magazine that includes artwork and contact information for all participating artists. Also included are event listings, maps, and ads to help tour goers plan their experience.
GRAB THE GUIDE
10 TIPS FOR A GREAT SAC OPEN STUDIOS TOUR
1. Have an open mind: Visit studios off the beaten path and check out genres of art you’re not normally drawn to.
2. Bring friends or family: Have drinks or dinner afterward to chat about your experience and compare notes.
3. Participate: Attend Sac Open Studios-related events and take part in activities presented by the artists.
4. Introduce yourself: Ask the artists questions or even better, tell them what you love about their work!
5. Take photos: Share your tour experiences by tagging @vergeart and using #sacopenstudios. Save images of artworks you love, along with the names of the artists, for future reference.
6. Take your time: If you find yourself drawn to a specific artist’s work, spend at least 10-15 minutes in their studio to deepen your appreciation of their art.
7. Take breaks: Experiencing art is rewarding, but it requires lots of mental and physical energy! Take a snack break to refresh your mind for more art viewing!
8. Take notes: Write down thoughts or questions about the art. Use these for personal reflection, future reference, or to ask the artist later.
9. Look around the studios: In addition to looking at the art, take a look at the objects artists keep in their studios to gain unique insights into the creative process.
10. Support artists: If you can afford it, ask artists how you can acquire a piece of their artwork for your personal collection!
FOLLOW @ VERGEART
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as we can!