Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s in-person Sac Open Studios tour will be replaced by a virtual experience. Since we do not currently know what public gatherings will be possible in September, Verge staff and the Sac Open Studios Committee have decided to reimagine the format of this year’s event. We hope these changes will ensure our ability to present the program and continue to serve artists, advertisers, sponsors, community partners, and tour-goers during these uncertain times. This was not an easy decision to make and the health and safety of our community is our top priority.
Here is what will be included:
• Sac Open Studios Guide: As in past years, the guide has a one-year shelf life. Each artist will be able to determine how they would like their studio and contact information listed.
• Online Artist Directory: This directory will enable artists to have a profile on Verge’s Sac Open Studios website which will remain up on an annual basis with program participation.
• Virtual Experience: During the month of September, the following virtual opportunities are open to all participating Sac Open Studios artists.
‣ A series of Verge-led webinars featuring Sac Open Studios artists
‣ Artist live-streams to replicate the self-guided tour experience
‣ Artist-led virtual events such as demos, talks, panel discussions, and workshops.
Over the summer, we will offer virtual training sessions and support to help artists with this transition, in addition to the artist workshop included with your registration. We will also continue to monitor county health guidelines closely and will encourage you all to engage with your patrons in whatever way meets public health guidelines this fall.
We appreciate your patience as we work out the details and thank you for your ongoing support. We are stronger together as an art community and we’re looking forward to connecting with you in the coming months! If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE + DISCOUNTS
Registration Deadline: June 19 – $150 Regular, $99 Members
There will be no late registration fees this year.
Verge Member Discount
Verge members have the opportunity to pay $99 instead of the regular $150 Sac Open Studios registration fee. They will also be entered into a drawing to win a $300 gift card to Blick Art Materials. Members are encouraged to register early to open their studios to the public and save more than 30 percent. For more information, visit vergeart.com/support.
Sac Open Studios offers a discount to full-time students enrolled at an accredited college or university. To request the student discount, please send an email to email@example.com with your name, studio address, and a copy of your student ID and current class schedule. If eligible, the registration fee will be reduced to $50.
REGISTRATION BENEFITS FOR EVERY ARTIST INCLUDE
• Official participation in Sac Open Studios virtual experience
• Studio information and artwork printed in the Sac Open Studios Guide
‣ Print run: 25,000
‣ Publication date: Second Saturday, August 15
• Eligibility to include 1 artwork in the Preview Exhibition held at Verge Center for the Arts
‣ Exhibition dates: September 10-30
‣ Two Audience Choice Awards: each will receive a$100 Blick Art Materials gift card
‣ Two Juror’s Choice Awards: each will receive a $100 Blick Art Materials gift card and a 1-year Family Membership to Verge Center for the Arts
• Artist Workshops The Basics to Promote Your Open Studio designed to help you learn how to prepare for and execute your virtual open studio
• Online profile for one year at sacopenstdios.com that will be renewed each year with Sac Open Studios registration, artists will have the ability to update their profile as needed.
GOING VIRTUAL WEBINAR