JOIN SAC OPEN STUDIOS 2020
Verge invites artists from the Sacramento region to participate in the 15th annual Sac Open Studios tour. All emerging and established artists in Sacramento County and West Sacramento are welcome to participate in this community-driven art event. Sac Open Studios takes place over two weekends every September. The tour generates direct exposure to art patrons, gallery owners, and designers with 100% of any studio sales going directly to you, the artist. As a participating artist, your artwork and contact information will be represented in the 25,000 Sac Open Studios Guides which are distributed to over 500 locations in the greater Sacramento region and outlying areas.
The tour is divided into two weekends:
Weekend 1: Studios west of Business 80/Highway 99
Weekend 2: Studios east of Business 80/Highway 99 plus all of Elk Grove and areas south of Elk Grove regardless of the which side of the freeway they are situated
Regular Registration: March 1-May 15 – $150
Late: May 16-22 – $175
Verge Member Discount
During the month of March, Verge members have the opportunity to pay $99 instead of the regular $150 Sac Open Studios registration fee. They will also be entered into a drawing to win a $300 gift card to Blick Art Materials. Members are encouraged to register early to open their studios to the public and save more than 30 percent. For more information, visit vergeart.com/support.
Sac Open Studios offers a discount to full-time students enrolled at an accredited college or university. To request the student discount, please send an email to email@example.com with your name, studio address, and a copy of your student ID and current class schedule. If eligible, the registration fee will be reduced to $50.
REGISTRATION BENEFITS FOR EVERY ARTIST INCLUDE
• Official participation in Sac Open Studios
• Studio information, artwork, and map printed in the Sac Open Studios Guide
‣ Print run: 25,000
‣ Publication date: First Friday, August 7
• Eligibility to include 1 artwork in the Preview Exhibition held at Verge Center for the Arts
‣ Exhibition dates: September 10-30
‣ Two Audience Choice Awards: each will receive a$100 Blick Art Materials gift card
‣ Two Juror’s Choice Awards: each will receive a $100 Blick Art Materials gift card and a 1-year Family Membership to Verge Center for the Arts
• Artist Workshops The Basics to Promote Your Open Studio designed to help you learn how to prepare for and execute your open studio
• Marketing Materials
‣ Copies of the Sac Open Studios Guide
‣ Yard Signs (2 for every artist)